The ketogenic diet is an effective way to lose weight, improve mental cognition, balance hormones and treat various diseases like diabetes and epilepsy. But how long does it take to get into ketosis? When you enter a state of ketosis, your body switches from using glucose to using ketones for fuel.
Stress and anxiety are common experiences for most people. In fact, 70% of adults in the US say they feel stress or anxiety daily. Here are 16 simple ways to relieve stress and anxiety. Exercise is one of the most important things you can do to combat stress.
Originally posted 2017-10-16 05:01:22.
Originally posted 2016-06-17 00:03:24.
Lately I have been obsessed with Sunflower Seeds and Pumpkin Seeds.
Originally posted 2016-06-12 23:39:19.
Lately I have been eating berries every day. Raspberries, Strawberries and Blueberries are my favorite. I eat occasional cherries and watermelon but that is it. I also by the organic freezer bags of berries at Whole Foods and snack on them instead of ice cream.
I have noticed that this has helped me lose inches on my stomach.
Read the article to find out why eating berries helps you lose weight.
Summer’s Secret Weight Loss Weapon
- Blood sugar regulation
- Metabolism boosters
- Belly fat fighters
Originally posted 2016-06-09 22:22:13.
This is a great article but I wanted to highlight the following bullet points. I love teeth so this is super important. We must take care of them. -Rosemary
Do I Really Have to Floss??? by Alex Naini
“1. If you’re going to pick between brushing and flossing, FLOSS!!! Yes, I said it … FLOSS! I know it sounds contradictory but the bacteria in between your teeth can cause way more damage than the plaque and bacteria on the front and back of your teeth. Your saliva, tongue and other foods take care of removing most of that. But in between teeth, food, bacteria, and plaque only come off with flossing.
2. A lot of times people will tell me they don’t floss because it causes their gums to bleed. What they don’t know is that healthy gums don’t have enough of a blood supply to bleed, no matter how hard you brush or floss. I can go in between healthy gums with a sharp dental instrument and they not only don’t bleed, they aren’t even tender. Unhealthy gums have too much blood in them so they bleed. Your body sends blood to your gums to fight off the infection and bacteria. The problem is your body senses your tooth as the infection for all practical purposes and tries to get rid of your tooth (hence bone loss around the tooth and eventual tooth loss if not treated). The more you floss, the healthier your gums get, the less they bleed!
3. Did you know that if a person gets a human bite, we don’t close the wound? A dog bite would be stitched up, but the human mouth has so much bacteria that it can cause sepsis and shock if you close that bacteria inside the body. When you have bleeding gums, it’s like an open window for this bacteria to get into your blood stream. The bacteria then travels throughout your body, increasing your chances of heart disease, compromising your immune system, and possibly causing an infection in the lining of your heart, which can be deadly!
4. If you are pregnant, the bacteria that causes gingivitis (which comes from not flossing) can cause low birth weight babies and more complications during pregnancy.
5. Ideally, you should floss at night, but as long as you floss once every 24 hours, in most cases, your gums and teeth will be protected. There’s always a perfect time to floss – most of us are stuck in traffic during the day, or on hold on a phone at some point. Sure, it’s not sexy, but who’s watching? And it’s way sexier to have a clean, non-smelly mouth! ” (Copied directly from the link above and written by Alex Naini)
Originally posted 2016-06-09 14:47:24.
“When you change your personal energy frequency you literally start to change your life. Christie Sheldon has personally raised the abundance frequencies of over 25,000 people resulting in hundreds of thousands of dollars in NEW abundance for them. And she’s identified 24 common abundance blocks that are stopping people from enjoying the abundance they deserve. Join our free Masterclass with Christie Sheldon here.
Christie Marie Sheldon is the author of Unlimited Abundance and Love and Above and is one of the world’s leading energy healers and experts on intuition. For more information on these courses and Consciousness Engineering with Christie visit: www.mindvalleyacademy.com
This talk was filmed at Afest, a global non-profit, transformational event that brings together people who are driven to change the world– entrepreneurs, authors, technophiles, mavericks, artists and visionaries alike. Like being at a festival that merges Burning Man, TED and an exotic vacation, you’ll get to dance the night (and day) away at incredible parties, go on breathtaking excursions, form life long friends and connections and learn how to take your life to the next level both personally and professionally. And it all happens in a paradise location. ” (Youtube.com)
Originally posted 2016-06-08 15:56:54.
Originally posted 2016-11-14 23:18:22.
Since I am fascinated with human behavior and the mind, in college I took a class called Human Sexuality. This class was very interesting. The entire class had discussions on the subject and I learned a lot. In my Human Sexuality text book we studied Alfred Kinsey and so this is why I watched this movie. If you are interested in watching a great movie, watch this. This movie may be uncomfortable for some people but I liked it.
“Life story of Alfred Kinsey, a man driven to uncover the most private secrets of the nation, and a journey into the mystery of human behavior. In 1948 Kinsey irrevocably changed American culture and created a media sensation with his book “Sexual Behavior in the Human Male”. Using the technique of his own famous sex interviews, story recounts the scientist’s extraordinary journey from obscurity to global fame. Rebelling against the rigid piety of his home life, and drawn to the world of the senses, Kinsey becomes a Harvard-educated zoologist specializing in the study of gall wasps. After being hired to teach biology at Indiana University, Kinsey meets and marries a witty, freethinking female student, Clara McMillen. In the course of his teaching he discovers an astonishing dearth of scientific data on sexual behavior. When students seek him out for advice about sexual concerns and problems, he realizes that no one has done the clinical research that would yield reliable answers to their questions. Inspired to explore the emotionally charged subject of sex from a strictly scientific point of view, Kinsey recruits a team of researchers, including Clyde Martin, Wardell Pomeroy and Paul Gebhard. Over time they refine an interviewing technique, which helps people to break through shame, fear, and guilt and speak freely about their sexual histories. When Kinsey publishes his Male study in 1948, the press compares the impact to that of the atom bomb. But as the country enters the more paranoid Cold War era of the 1950s, Kinsey’s follow-up study on women is seen as an attack on basic American values. The ensuing outrage and scorn causes Kinsey’s benefactors to abandon him, just as his health begins to deteriorate. At the same time, the jealousies and acrimony caused by Kinsey’s attempt to create a private sexual utopia threaten to tear apart the research team and expose them to unwelcome scrutiny.” (Youtube.com)
Originally posted 2016-06-06 19:27:37.
After starting my low carb and no added sugar diet, I realized that the sugar withdrawal was making me get headaches at first. For years I ate sugar like it was going out of style. I LOVED SUGAR! It literally made me feel good. In addition, I was a carb addict. I ate so much processed food that eventually turned into sugar. My body was on sugar overload or insulin overload.
I was diagnosed with a Fatty Infiltrated Liver a few years ago but never really understood what that meant. I remember during that time I was eating tons of junk food (wings, nachos, candy etc.) My doctor did tell me that I had to stop eating so much junk food but that was all he told me. He really did not explain what this meant.
Since my body has been changing on this diet, my brain has also been adjusting. I was waking up with a bit of a foggy head. Now anytime I have an issue or something is happening in my life, I like to do research. I started looking into the effects of sugar.
After watching this documentary I finally understood why i needed to stop consuming added sugar. I never understood this. I have lived my entire life consuming extreme amounts of sugar and never ever knew what it was doing to me. How could this be? How could no one have told me this? I have dieted before but never eliminated sugar. How is that possible? I was shocked. I felt like the world needs to know this. Sugar was not only making me fat but it was making my head cloudy.
It wasn’t like someone told me to stop eating sugar and that is why I stopped. I needed to understand WHY. Some teachers teach a subject but do not let us know why it is important to learn the subject.
What else did I learn from this book? I learned that I needed to consume more Omega 3’s. I always heard that consuming Omegas were good for you but did not know which one was good and which one was not so good. I thought both Omega 3 and 6 were good but after reading this book, I am sticking to Omega 3’s. According to Dr. Dow, Omega 3’s help our brain and we should try to avoid Omega 6’s as much as possible. Below is the one that I bought from Whole Foods that I am taking. This Omega 3 helps to improve your mood.
Dr. Dow talks about how we may be able to prevent Dementia and Alzheimer’s. He also talks about being able to strengthen your brain by paying attention to the way you eat and how much you exercise your brain.
This book is a must read if you are working on you.
“A new epidemic is sweeping the country. Some people call it ADHD, scatter brain, or brain fog. Some simply say they just don’t feel like themselves – and haven’t for a long time. People are thinking and feeling worse than ever. Why? Because our brains are not getting the support they need to produce the essential brain chemicals that keep us energized, calm, focused, and inspired. In fact if you look at the way most of us live, it’s almost as though we’ve chosen a lifestyle deliberately intended to undermine our brain chemistry.
Fortunately there is a solution. The Brain Fog Fix is a three-week program designed to help you naturally restore three of your brain’s most crucial chemicals: serotonin, dopamine, and cortisol. Rebalancing these three brain chemicals will, in turn, enable the rest of your brain’s chemistry to reach optimal levels. You will find yourself thinking more clearly, remembering more accurately, learning more quickly, and unleashing the floodgates of your creativity. You will also find yourself feeling more optimistic, calm, energized, connected, and inspired. The good news is that this is easier than you think. Instead of trying to ambitiously overhaul one aspect of your life entirely with some difficult-to-maintain resolution, begin by making small and achievable changes in many different areas of your life.
“If I’ve learned one thing from the thousands of people I’ve treated, it’s that you have to take the whole person into account if you want to think and feel better.” (Dr. Mike Dow)” (audible.com)
Originally posted 2016-06-06 11:41:47.
Lately I have been trying to include parsley in my foods. Since I started my low carb no added sugar diet, I have been adding more herbs and seasoning to my foods. -Rosemary
- Parsley is rich in many vital vitamins, including Vitamin C, B 12, K and A. This means parsley keeps your immune system strong, tones your bones and heals the nervous system, too.
- It helps flush out excess fluid from the body, thus supporting kidney function. However, the herb contains oxalates, which can cause problems for those with existing kidney and gall bladder problems.
- Regular use of parsley can help control your blood pressure. The folic acid in this herb is like a tonic for your heart.
- Parsley essential oil, when massaged into the scalp, may reduce hair loss.
- Use parsley daily, and you’ll feel relief from joint pain. That’s because the herb has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Parsley tea relaxes stiff muscles and encourages digestion.
- Studies indicate that parsley—especially its essential oil—may have a role in inhibiting cancerous tumors. In fact, scientists have billed it a ‘chemoprotective’ food.
Originally posted 2016-06-06 11:14:27.
Originally posted 2016-06-05 13:13:04.
Originally posted 2016-08-31 16:53:30.
Originally posted 2016-06-04 16:13:19.