This book is great. Understanding the way men think, as a woman, isn’t easy. This book allowed me to understand men a little more by tapping into the male brain and learning how it functions.
It helped me respect the differences that sometimes are so hard to understand.
It is critical to not listen to this book with a negative mindset. Sometimes the more you learn and the more you know can make you over analyze even the simplest situations. The point of this book is to empower women to simply learn and respect some of the differences that could sometimes frustrate us not to use this against the men in our lives.
In my opinion, men benefit from women understanding them because it can be difficult for men to articulate what they sometimes go through as males.
“What Happens When Women See What Men See?
You already know that your husband, boyfriend, or son is wired differently from you, but do you know what that really means? It means, among other things, that he’s been given the gift of a unique visual wiring – and the challenges that come with it. In Through a Man’s Eyes, Shaunti Feldhahn and Craig Gross team up to help open our eyes to the God-given visual nature of men. They address questions like:
- “Why are guys so visual – and what does that mean, anyway?”
- “How do I help my son navigate this sex-crazed culture?”
- “How dare someone tell a woman to watch what she wears! Isn’t it a man’s responsibility not to look?”
- “If he’s tempted by visual images, is there something wrong with him? With me?”
- “My husband is an honorable guy, so why would he be tempted by porn?”
- “How can I talk to my husband or son about this? What can I do to support him?”
Through the compassion and candor in this audiobook, you can learn what men have long wished the women in their lives knew but didn’t know how to explain – and see the difference this awareness makes.” (audible.com)
Originally posted 2016-06-08 14:48:07.