Originally posted 2016-06-04 16:37:50.
Originally posted 2016-06-04 16:37:21.
Originally posted 2016-06-04 16:36:46.
Originally posted 2016-06-04 16:34:58.
Bullying is a big deal and learning about it is critical.
If you are are a parent to a child or teenager read below and do something about it.
If you are a child or teenager and are being bullied and reading this, please learn and do something about it. Do not allow this behavior to take over your life. If you need help and no one is helping you, reach out to someone else that may be able to do something about it. You do not deserve it!
If you do see someone that has no friends and is alone, be their friend. Sometimes, one friend is all that is needed. Lastly, do not be a bully. If you are reading this and you are mean to someone, stop!
Knowledge is power.
Check this video out.
The Bully Movie
This was copied and pasted from the link above.
“Parents play a key role in preventing and responding to bullying. If you know or suspect that your child is involved in bullying, there are several resources that may help.
- Recognize the warning signs that your child is involved in bullying. They could be being bullied, bullying others, or witnessing bullying. Although these signs could signal other issues, you should talk to your child if they display any sort of behavioral or emotional changes. Many times kids won’t ask for help, so it is important to know what to look for. If your child is at immediate risk of harming himself or others, get help right away.
- Learn what bullying is and what it is not. Understanding what bullying is is the first step in forming a plan to prevent or respond to bullying with your child. Many behaviors that look like bullying may be just as serious, but may require different response strategies. You can also learn about:
- Cyberbullying often requires different strategies than in-person bullying. Learn how to work with your kids to prevent cyberbullying and how to respond when it occurs.
- Utilize tips and tools to talk to your child about bullying. Opening lines of communication before your child is involved in bullying makes it easier for them to tell you when something happens. It is also important to work with a school to help prevent bullying before it starts.
- If you know or suspect bullying has occurred, learn how to find out what has happened with your child. Understanding what has happened can also help in communicating with school or community officials about the situation.
- If you have determined bullying has occurred, learn how you and school or community officials can work together to support your child, whether they were bullied, bullied others, or witnessed bullying. Learn also about considerations for specific groups.
- If bullying is occurring at school, learn about what your state requires schools to do in your state’s anti-bullying law. Learn also about federal laws that require schools to address harassment based on race, color, national origin, sex, and disabilities and ways to report situations that have not been adequately addressed to the U.S. Departments of Education and Justice.
- If you have worked with your child and your school and need additional assistance, find resources to help address the situation.”
Originally posted 2016-06-11 22:52:06.
I took a few of these test to decide what I wanted to study in college. I think they are great. I haven’t taken this one yet but I will. I really like PsychologyToday.com so I trust it is a good test.
There are 240 questions that take approximately 40 minutes according to them.
“Tired of running the rat race in a job you don’t enjoy? Wondering which career is best matched to you? Try a Career Personality & Aptitude Test. This tool is designed to assess your interests, values, and preferences surrounding your career. It will offer you an interesting look at yourself, providing information about what motivates and interests you. In addition, it will provide suggestions of particular careers that are well-suited to you, along with some information about these careers.
Carefully read every question and select the response that best applies to you. You will need to select an answer for every question.
After finishing the test, you will receive one of your career matches. You will then have the option to purchase the full results.” (PsychologyToday.com)
Originally posted 2016-06-09 15:33:29.
“To honor and empower Wounded Warriors.
To foster the most successful, well-adjusted generation of wounded service members in our nation’s history.
- To raise awareness and enlist the public’s aid for the needs of injured service members.
- To help injured service members aid and assist each other.
- To provide unique, direct programs and services to meet the needs of injured service members.” (https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org)
Originally posted 2016-06-09 14:34:58.
Originally posted 2016-06-05 13:42:03.
I have been on the Atkins diet now for over 40 days and it has been great. I highly recommend this to anyone that wants to lose weight. -Rosemary
Originally posted 2016-06-05 12:46:36.